Carrot Tofu Burgers
May 16, 2022
We’ve tried to give the old burgers a refreshing twist, eliminating the starchy potato and opting for a bright orange flavour, uhm we meant carrots, relax!
Carrot and Tofu burgers are the perfect substitute to the regular ones , making it a big hit as snacks in the party or even for children.
For the burgers
• 300g carrots
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 100g tofu
• Parsley fresh
• ½ lemon zest
• Vegan cheese
• Sesame seeds
• salt and black pepper
• 2 burger buns
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 pinches smoked paprika
• 6 small lettuce leaves
• 1 avocado , sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan and till then work on the cutlet.
2. Add the carrots in a roasting tin and coat in with spices and olive oil for flavour. Season with salt and pepper as per taste and cover with foil. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until soft and beginning to brown.
3. Meanwhile, crumble half the tofu into a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, cheese and sesame seeds.
4. Blend the carrots with the remaining tofu in a food processor, until well combined and pretty smooth. Leave to cool.
5. Mash the carrot and breadcrumb mixtures until they come together. If your mixture looks a touch dry, add a few of tablespoons of vegetable oil or water.
6. Shape the mixture into two patties and put them into the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
7. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the burgers for 3–4 minutes on each side, flipping them once they are well coloured, crispy and brown.
8. To serve, toast the burger buns. Spread each bun with a tablespoon of mayonnaise, add a pinch of paprika, then top with the lettuce leaves, avocado, burger and more of your choice.
Hope you enjoy making this as much as you’ll eating it all in one go!
If you do try this, make sure to tag us and use our hashtag #veganvitamin and we’ll be more than happy to repost!
Happy Vegan Eating!