October 10, 2020
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbl neutral oil (I used refined coconut)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- • 3 medium starchy potatoes boiled & then diced into1/2 in pieces
- • 1 cup peas
- • 1 tbl neutral oil
- • 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- • 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- • 1/2 in knob of grated ginger • 1 garlic clove grated
- • 1 tsp chili powder
- • 1 tbl garam masala
- • 1/2 tsp turmeric
- • 2 tbl chopped cilantro
- For the crust: Combine flour, cumin, baking soda & salt in a medium mixing bowl
- Add oil, mix together rubbing the oil into the flour between your hands so that the mix gets crumbly. Add water 1 tbl at a time getting the dough to come together.
- Take dough out of bowl, knead 3-5 min, the dough will be smooth. Cover with a kitchen towel. Rest 30 min.
- For the filling: on stovetop heat large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add oil, when warmed add mustard seeds and cumin. Seeds will pop and turn brown
- Mix in chili powder, ginger, and garlic, then add peas, & stir
- Add garam masala, turmeric, salt & potatoes mix well. Mash potatoes with masher or the back of fork so filling becomes a thicker consistency. Then add cilantro. Set aside to cool
- Divide the dough into 4 equal sections. Have a small bowl of water on hand. Take 1 section roll out dough to a large disk about 8 in, slice disk in 1/2, take one of the halves, place the straight edge closest to you, dab edge with water. Now form a cone, by bringing the two corners up and together and then pressing the straight edges together. Hold the cone upright, add filling to the inside of the cone, about 3/4 full. Dab with water to seal the top of cone.
- Brush with oil. Preheat Air fryer 350 F and cook 12-15 min until golden brown.