VEGAN CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE
October 21, 2020
Vegan chocolate coconut cake is perfect crowd pleasure for the afternoon tea. It is quick and easy to make. It is egg and dairy-free with an amazing chocolatey and a hint of tropical coconut flavour. It is light, fluffy and goes well with a warm cup of tea or coffee.
- 160g softened vegan butter
- 140g caster sugar
- Egg replacer for 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C/Fan. Line the loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the softened butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Gradually add the beaten egg into the mixture.
- Sift the flour on a bowl; add the cocoa powder and the desiccated coconut. Mix these to combine.
- Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl gently using a spoon. Fold the mixture gently with the spoon and gradually use the electric whisk to mix at a low speed. Add the milk to create a soft dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smoothen the surface with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the cake has risen and become springy. Insert a clean knife in the centre and the knife should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 mins and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.