If you are an apple lover, then this apple pie recipe is for you. The best recipe that you can make in just 30 minutes in the apple season. I bake a lot with apples especially the desserts. The desserts which have an apple as the main ingredient taste best. These can be a perfect treat at any time of the year. So you should also give this recipe a try.
Things to remember
Talking about the crust, you can use a store brought pie crust. But making the crust at home can make it more delicious as the home-made crust has a more flaky texture. You can make it in 5 minutes and then keep it to cool in the fridge. You can work on it easily when the dough is cold. I filled the pies with cinnamon apple filling and used oatmeal as a topping which made it look more attractive. You definitely cannot keep your hands off them. When your pies get ready you can also heat them in the microwave which will make them hot apple pie.
For the pie crust:
- All-purpose flour
- Vegan butter (cubed)
Cinnamon Apple Filling:
- Brown sugar
- Pinch of vanilla
- Lemon juice
To brush and sprinkle:
- Plant-based milk
- Brown sugar
- Add sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl and add cubed vegan butter to it. Work it into flour using your hands. Add a tablespoon of cold water and knead it with your hands until it forms a dough and gets a smooth texture. You can also use the processor to form a dough.
- Turn the dough to a flat surface and form a ball of it. Refrigerate it for some time.
Apple cinnamon filling:
- For making the apple filling, firstly peel the apples and chop them all into small chunks.
- Mix some water, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice in a Boil it and stir it continuously until it gets thicker texture.
- Add apples to it and toss to coat. Keep them aside to dry.
Shape hand pies:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface.
- Cut out the circles using a round form according to the number of pies you want to make.
- Roll the remaining dough and refrigerate it.
- Place some amount of apple filling at the center of each half amount and brush the edges with a bit of water so that they get sealed properly.
- Place the other half of the pie crust on it and seal them from the edges.
- Brush the top of each pie with a plant-based milk and cut the slits from the top of each pie and sprinkle brown sugar over it.
- Bake them for approximately 20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.