Not your regular green pasta!
A pasta without sauce commitment, yes!
A quick and healthy pasta recipe when you’re bored of the red, pink, green and white sauces and want to skip the hassle of making sauces before planning to make a pasta.
Just grab your pantry ingredients with the main stalk-hero – asparagus and you’re good to go.
We’ve used penne pasta as it’s similar in shape to the stalks and hence, makes it easier to eat. You can use any pasta of your choice though.
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 17 asparagus stalks
- black pepper
- After washing the stalks, cut it into medium pieces. Now, add some oil in a non-sticky pan and pan-fry the asparagus stalks for about 5-6 minutes till they don’t look raw.
- In a pot, pour oil and sauté the onion for a couple of minutes or till translucent. Then add the minced garlic and sauté more.
- Add the pasta, vegetable broth coconut milk, and the lemon juice or lemon zest. Stir and Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente add the asparagus . Cook for 2 more minutes and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Note – You can skip asparagus and add any veggies of your choice like bell peppers, mushroom, carrots, etc according to the availability. Be creative with whatever available and you’re good to go!
Hope you enjoy making this as much as you’ll eating it all in one go!
If you do try this, make sure to tag us and use our hashtag #veganvitamin and we’ll be more than happy to repost