Vegan Pizza Dough
May 16, 2022
Often pizza crusts are brought from store to avoid making it , since it does seem to be complex.
We’ve got a simple recipe that is sure to replace the store-brought alternatives at your place.
4 cups white flour
2 tsp sugar
2 teaspoons yeast
1 ½ cup warm Water
3 tablespoons oil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder, optional
1 teaspoon salt
• In a little bowl, whisk yeast, sugar, and water and keep them aside until foamy.
• In another bowl, sift all purpose flour and salt.
• Add the yeast mixture to the flour and knead it until smooth. If it’s too runny, add more flour or too dry then add a lil water to balance it. the right consistency is once you poke a finger and it doesn’t stick onto it.
• Place the dough during a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel on top. Leave the bowl during a warm place or oven preheated at 45°C (110°F) for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the dough is fluffy and has doubled in size.
• Knead dough again and add more flour if too sticky.
• Divide the dough in 4 to form pizza bases or in half to form pizza rolls. Then roll each dough ball on a floured surface into pizza bases of 10 inches (25cm) of thin pizza crust or into an 8-inch disc for normal crusts.
• Spread topping on the pizza base and bake on a pizza rack at 220°C (425°F) for 12 minutes until the dough is crispy and therefore the cheese has melted.
You can add chilly flakes, garlic pieces, vegan cheese or any other ingredients to play with your crust.
• Enjoy your fresh pizza made up of scratch in your own vegan kitchen!
Hope you enjoy making this delicacy!
If you do try this, make sure to tag us and use our hashtag #veganvitamin and we’ll be more than happy to repost!
Happy Vegan Eating!