Vegan Scallion Pancakes
May 13, 2022
Crispy Flaky Chinese pancakes are going to be your go-to satisfying meal.
The vegan version of the original recipe is simplified with pantry items available in our everyday kitchen.
• 1 ½ cup flour
• ¾ cup water,boiling
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon sesame or mustard oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 green onions
For dipping sauce-
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 ½ tablespoon water
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon minced ginger
• 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onions
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Add flour in a vessel and pour the boiling water while continuously stirring. When the dough is cool, knead it into a ball. Cover with cloth wrap and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Take a small bowl, add and mix 1 tablespoon of flour and both our oils.
3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Brush the entire surface with half a tablespoon of the oil-flour mixture, sprinkle salt and chopped green onions. Roll into a cylinder and move in spirally, tucking the end underneath.
4. Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan . Fry the pancake on sides until crisp golden brown.
5. Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
6. Cut each pancake into 4 triangles and serve hot with the dipping sauce.
Enjoy your tasty Vegan meal from Team Vegan Vitamin!
If you've tried it , do let us know how it went and feel free to tag us with #veganvitamin on instagram so we can repost your mouth-watering posts.