May 16, 2022
What if I tell you, you can make your cashew butter in 20 minutes and that too cheaper than the store-brought ones?
Thick, Smooth and crunchy cashew butter, free of any preservatives.
This recipe uses nothing except fresh cashews and a few additives for taste. It tastes better than packaged ones and can be stored for months in the fridge.
• 3 cups (16 ounces) raw unsalted cashews
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. On a baking sheet, place all the cashews.
2. Roast nuts for 3 minutes, shake pan then roast another 3 to 5 minutes or until the nuts are roasted brown and its smell lingers in the room. Make sure to not burn it.
3. Add the roasted cashews a grinder, keep going until it’s a paste and sticks to the side. Remove it with the assistance of a spatula.
4. Add your preferred oil and process for another minute until the cashew butter is smooth, without any lumps. If you like it crunchy then leave it as it is , or else keep going until it’s smooth and shiny.
5. When the cashew butter is smooth and creamy, add the salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Process for 10 to twenty seconds then taste. You’re free to add extras according to your taste. This step is optional if you want a plain butter.
6. Store in a sealed container as it’ll harden if kept open. It will last longer when stored within the fridge.
Hope you enjoy making this as much as you’ll eating it all !
If you do try this, make sure to tag us and use our hashtag #veganvitamin and we’ll be more than happy to repost