Vegan Lifestyle and Broccoli go hand in hand and when it comes to soup – Vegan Broccoli soup is one of the best. Broccoli soup is quick to make as it does not require much Ingredients but despite minimal ingredients it tastes fantastic. It is also considered to be perfect soup for those sick in beds.
Things to Remember
It is always good to use fresh Broccoli. I also like to leave the stem as it is very edible not the end but an inch and half or so from the top of the floret.
- 200 gms Broccoli
- 1 Diced potato
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
Steps to cook:
- In a pot add potato, onion, garlic and water and boil for about 10-15minutes.
- Then add 200gms of broccoli and if needed add some more water and stir and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes just check on the vegetables if they are cooked.
- Let the vegetables cool down for some time.
- While the veggies cool down quickly make white sauce.
- Add 1cup milk, 1tbsp corn flour and 1 tsp. of butter in a saucepan.
- Turn on the flame and keep stirring continuously.
- When the milk thickens turn off the flame.
- With the help of a hand blender blend the veggies into smooth puree.
- Mix the puree with white sauce in a saucepan.
- Mix it well and bring it to boil and add salt to it.
- Add a little bit of vegan cheddar cheese as per you taste
- Pour the soup into the bowl and garnish with some florets of broccoli.