Aloo paratha is the other name for Indian stuffed flatbread which is easy to make and tastes yum. It is a perfect dish that can be served as an appetizer, can be eaten in lunch or breakfast. It is a simple dish which you will prefer to having again and again. You just need 3 three ingredients to make this flatbread.
If you haven’t tried it yet then this is the time when you should try this simple and delicious recipe at your home.
Things to keep in mind
To make aloo parathas/Indian flatbread, the main ingredients are flour and potatoes. A simple flatbread dough can be prepared using flour, salt, water and a tbsp of oil. The dough does not need a long resting time. Simply mix everything and knead the flour on the flat surface until it becomes smooth and comes in the elastic form. Moving on to the filling, it is made of potatoes, onion, chopped herbs and some spices for the flavour.
For Flat Bread dough ( Aloo Paratha )
For potato filling
- Green onions
- Chopped parsley
- Garam masala
- Black pepper for taste
Steps to make flatbread dough:
- Combine flour, salt, water and 1 tbsp of oil altogether. Keep mixing them until the mixture gets bound together. Knead the mixture with hands to make it soft, smooth and silky.
- Knead it for 4-5 minutes to make it more smooth.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in foil for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them for a few minutes. Keep checking with a fork if they have turned soft and microwave them for 10-12 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooled and soft, remove their skin and mash them with the fork coarsely by keeping them in a bowl.
- Heat the oil and saute the green onions for about 2-3 minutes until they get soften.
- Now combine all the veggies (potatoes, onions, chopped parsley). Add spices them according to your taste.
Photo Credit and Inspiration @biancazapatka
Steps to make Flatbread dough: Potato filling:
Steps to make